A typical Zapalac & Hudgins leverage recapitalization transaction works as follows:
- Engagement of Z&H by the selling shareholders,
- Business is located in Texas or Louisiana,
- Business is generally in the industrial sector,
- Business has $20 to $100 million in sales,
- Z&H markets to 250+ private equity groups,
- Z&H markets to 30-60 strategic buyer groups,
- Upfront cash payment to selling shareholders,
- Rollover stock to selling shareholders,
- Second bite of the apple for selling shareholders 3-7 - years after the transaction Closes.
In addition, Zapalac and Hudgins will invest along-side the “rollover” stock investors in these leverage recapitalization transactions.
The basics used in determining the value of your Company
A step-by-step approach to Mergers & Acquisitions
Protecting your family's assets by de-risking your estate of 100% the value held in one business
- Strong market position,
- Management team in place,
- Strong profit margins,
- Minimal debt on balance sheet,
- Low maintenance Capex,
- Strong recurring cash flows
The two bites of the apple, give a business owner and his family the best of all worlds. First, you receive a large, one-time, dividend in the recapitalization. There are no personal guarantees on the debt going forward. Second, the "rollover" stock will be in partnership with a private equity group that you choose and whom that you see eye to eye with.
Dr. Gaughan gives a mult-step overview of the world of Mergers & Acquisitions
The Principals of Zapalac & Hudgins Acquisition Capital have over 50 years of combined corporate finance and entrepreneurial operations experience related to facilitating and financing transactions, making private equity investments, as well as operating and growing businesses.
We are at the forefront of this quickly changing economy and we work closely with our clients because we are fully committed to meeting and exceeding expectations. We also believe in keeping our services affordable to our clients.
We are proud that so many of our clients have turned to us for guidance and assistance with their M&A and corporate finance needs, and we work hard to earn their loyalty every day.
Zapalac & Hudgins